The Marcellin Hall development is a significant one for the Marist College Canberra community providing, for the first time, a venue that can house the entire Junior and Senior School students and staff under one roof.
The Hall was partly funded through generous donations by the Marist community to the Capital Appeal Fund.
Opened in July 2012, Marcellin Hall includes:
- Seating for 2,000 people
- Two full-sized basketball courts
- External grandstands to view sporting competitions on Number One Oval
- Student weights room
- Change rooms
- Health and Physical Education (HaPE) staff room
- Storage space
- Re-aligning the northern precinct of the College
- Relieving existing pressure on the existing gymnasium in order for it to be used for other College activities such as exams, senior assemblies, music and drama performances
- Transforming the existing student weights room and HaPE staff area into student learning spaces.
This innovative building was developed in association with architects ClarkeKeller, and builders G.E.Shaw & Associates Pty Ltd, who provided a hall of great distinction.